PRIVATE GOLDEN GATE PARK SEGWAY TOURS
- Personal tour guide for your party.
- One-on-one training.
- Explore and learn about hidden parts of Golden Gate Park.
- 3 hour experience that includes extra riding time.
- Tour at your own pace with more time for stops and photos.
- Enjoy the Japanese Tea Garden after your tour (paid entry).
- Don’t miss this Segway in San Francisco exclusive:, We are the only Segway company authorized and permitted to operate in Golden Gate Park. See and explore Golden Gate Park with us!
You Will See and Learn About:
- The seven mile (11.2 km) tour route explores the eastern section of the 1017 acre (411 ha) park on winding trails and bike routes.
- The transformation starting in the 1870’s of a bleak sand dune area in into the lush park you see today.
- The Music Concourse and Temple of Music
- The California Academy of Sciences and the deYoung Museum
- The Japanese Tea Garden and the California Midwinter International Exposition of 1894
- William Hammond Hill and John McLaren’s vision for the park
- The Conservatory of Flowers
- Hidden sights including the Lily Pond, Prayerbook Cross and Fern Grotto
- The historic Carousel and Sharon Art Studio
- San Francisco Botanical Gardens
- The Lawn Bowling Courts
- The National Aids Memorial
- Shakespeare Garden
- Stow Lake and Strawberry Hill
- The Rose, Rhododendron and Dahlia gardens
- An amazing Redwood grove, Pioneer log cabin and many other hidden gems!
who can go
- All guests age 12 and up and over 100 lbs (45 kg) and under 250 lbs (113 kg).
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Pregnant guests are not allowed on the tour due to fall risk.
- Not recommended for some guests over 70 or with mobility or motor control issues. Please call us to discuss prior to booking.
all prices are per person
- 2 to 3 guests $150.00 each
- 4 to 5 guests $135.00 each
- 6 to 7 guests $120.00 each
- 8 to 9 guests $115.00 each
(max 8 guests per guide)
- 10 or more $105.00 each
(max 8 guests per guide)
For groups larger than 10 guests please contact us to discuss details.
Any changes or cancellations to confirmed orders must be made 72 hours prior to tour date. No refunds if you do not meet the age/weight requirements.
when & where
- Daily Departures:
- Year Round: 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Closed December 25th and January 1st and during large public events in the Park.
- Guide will meet your group at 82 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive San Francisco, CA 94118
- Look for green tent in paved area directly behind the large band stage in Music Concourse. Near the Japanese Tea Garden, California Academy of Science and deYoung Museum.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in and start having fun.
Our tour of Golden Gate Park was wonderful. The Segway’s were easy to use and very quick to get used to. Having a walkie-talkie earpiece enabled us to get information whilst riding, which is not something we expected, but was really good.
—Peter C, United Kingdom
Outstanding touring experience! Anyone wanting to sight-see Golden Gate Park should do this!
—John S, United States